To opt out of the disclosure of nonpublic information to a non-affiliated third party contact us online by phone please call 800-749-9732 during normal business hours.
The following statement applies only to the general public and is intended to address concerns about the types of information gathered from the public, if any, and how that information is used.
A “cookie” is a small file containing information that is placed on a user’s computer by a web server. Typically, these files are used to enhance the user’s experience of the site, to help users move between pages in a database, or to customize information for a user. Any information that Greater Texas FCU web servers may store in cookies is used for internal purposes only. Cookie data is not used in any way that would disclose personally identifiable information to outside parties unless Greater Texas FCU is legally required to do so in connection with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings.
II. Logs and Network Monitoring
Greater Texas FCU maintains log files of all access to its site and also monitors network traffic for the purposes of site management. This information is used to help diagnose problems with the server and to carry out other administrative tasks. Log analysis tools are also used to create summary statistics to determine which information is of most interest to users, to identify system problem areas, or to help determine technical requirements.
Information such as the following is collected in these files:
- Hostname: the hostname and/or IP address of the computer requesting access to the site
- User-Agent: the type of browser, its version and the operating system of the computer requesting access (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Chrome, etc.)
- Referrer: the web page the user came from
- System date: the date and time on the server at the time of access
- Full request: the exact request the user made
- Status: the status code the server returned, e.g., fulfilled request, file not found
- Content length: the size, in bytes, of the file sent to the user
- Universal Resource Locator (URI): the location of the particular resource requested. Schemes in the URL (locator) and URN (name) categories form subsets of URI.
- Query string of the URI: anything after a question mark in a URI. For example, if a keyword search has been requested, the search word will appear in the query string.
- Protocol: the technical protocol and version used, i.e., http 1.0, ftp, etc.
The above information is not used in any way that would reveal personally identifying information to outside parties unless Greater Texas FCU is legally required to do so in connection with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings.
III. Email and Form Information
If anyone in the general public sends Greater Texas FCU an e-mail message or fills out a web-based form with a question or comment that contains personally identifying information, that information will only be used to respond to the request and analyze trends. The message may be redirected to any person who is able to answer your question. Such information is not used in any way that would reveal personally identifying information to outside parties unless System Administration is legally required to do so in connection with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings.
This site may contain links to other sites. Greater Texas FCU is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
This site has security measures in place to protect from loss, misuse and alteration of the information.
Greater TEXAS Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all federal and state laws, regulations and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements in all programs.