Individual Retirement Account
IRAs are an easy way to save for retirement.
An Individual Retirement Account, or IRA, is a savings and investing account.
IRAs are an essential tool for saving for the future, especially if you don't have an employer-sponsored retirement plan like a 401(k) or a 403(b) or are self-employed. Even if you’re saving for retirement with a plan such as a 401(k), supplementing your savings with an IRA provides flexibility and a boost to your overall savings. Our IRA features:
- Just $50 to open.
- Individuals can contribute up to $5,500 a year ($6,500 if age 50 or older) to an IRA.
- There are no contribution limits if you’re rolling over an old 401(k) into an IRA.
- Traditional IRA contributions may be tax-deductible; withdrawals in retirement are taxed as income.
- Roth IRA contributions are not deductible, but withdrawals in retirement are tax-free.
- Rates are set by the Board of Directors, and dividends are paid quarterly.
For more information regarding our IRA accounts please contact our Member Services Department.
Learn more about your IRA Options