Greater Texas | Aggieland Credit Union is proud to serve the greater Edinburg area and all of its residents with some of the most convenient and versatile checking account options in Edinburg.
Whether you’re looking for a business checking account, online flexibility with payments, checking account options for a minor, or more, we’ve got an account to meet your needs.
At Greater Texas | Aggieland Credit Union, you can choose from our wide variety of checking accounts in Edinburg. Checking products enable you to access funds with ease, sign up for automatic billing, deposit payments, and more.
Our member service team is here to serve you, so you can be sure you are receiving unparalleled service. All of our checking accounts offer no monthly service charge and no minimum balance.
Credit union members also enjoy:
- Just $25 to open, which is available for withdrawal the next business day
- Three Visa EMV chip debit card designs, including the TXST SuperCat Card
- Use non-Greater Texas ATMs without fees five times per month
- Earn dividends on minimum daily balances, check our current rates
- Unlimited check writing
Nationwide Access To Your Checking Account
Access your cash and accounts wherever you are, for free!
Enjoy a nationwide network of Co-op Shared Branches and free ATMs. Visit credit unions across the nation within the Co-op Shared Branching network and conduct transactions just like you would at a Greater Texas | Aggieland Credit Union branch.
Members can also use ATMs at any of the 8,000+ participating 7-Elevens and the 300+ ATMs in the Edinburg Alliance of Credit Unions, surcharge-free.
Checking Account Overdraft Protection & Privilege
Protect yourself from being in the red without any added monthly or annual service fees.
With Overdraft Protection you can set up funds to automatically transfer from your savings account to cover overdraft transactions. Want a little more security? The credit union could cover overdraft transactions when you opt in to Overdraft Privilege.
Options For Checking Accounts in Edinburg
No matter your needs or lifestyle, Greater Texas | Aggieland Credit Union has a checking account in Edinburg that is right for you. We welcome you to learn more about checking account options.
This unique checking account is free and offers you all of our essential, convenient services.
With E-Essentials Checking you’ll have access to:
- Mobile and online banking
- Automatic withdrawals and payments
- Overdraft privilege
- VISA Debit Card
E-Essentials Checking provides the tools you need to conduct your important day-to-day business quickly and securely.
Best of all, you don’t need a perfect banking record to qualify for E-Essentials. The account was designed to assist members who have experienced past difficulties in managing a transaction account. E-Essentials can give you an opportunity to start anew.
Open your E-Essentials Account today! Visit your local branch for more details and qualifications.
Business Advantage Checking Account
Greater Texas | Aggieland Credit Union’s business accounts earn the same dividend rate as our regular savings and checking accounts and feature no monthly service charge. Plus, your business account may be eligible for the overdraft privilege program.
Our members also enjoy:
- $5 to open a Business Advantage Savings Account
- $100 to open a Business Advantage Checking Account
- Business checks
- Business VISA Debit Card
- Business capture
Additional benefits and services include:
- Line of credit
- Business VISA credit card
- Merchant credit card authorization discounts
- Online payroll provider discounts
Open your Business Advantage Checking Account today and receive a lockable bank deposit bag at no cost to you! And all of your transactions can be downloaded into QuickBooks, the #1 rated small business accounting software.
Golden Star Checking
Members who are 55 and over can take advantage of a checking account in Edinburg that offers exceptional benefits and features. With a minimum balance of $1,000 in an account other than checking, our members are entitled to all of the benefits of our Truly Free Checking, plus:
- Free money orders
- Free cashier's checks
- Free account histories
- One free box of checks per year
- 7 free ATM transactions per month
- Golden Star newsletter, an exclusive account benefit
For credit union members who are under 18, these unique accounts allow minors to start honing their financial skills.
Teach today’s youth that saved money can grow and give them the tools to manage their money once they've outgrown their piggy bank. As with all of our checking accounts, our member service team is here to provide you and your minor unparalleled service, including assistance in finding the right account for your needs.
Minor Share Deposit (Savings Account)
- Just $1 for a parent or guardian to open an account in a minor’s name
- Parent or guardian is joint on the account
- Earns dividends paid quarterly, according to our rates
Teens Share Draft (Checking Account)
This account is for members with a Texas Identification Card or Driver's License (15 -16+).
- Just $25 to open
- The student is the primary checking account holder
- Parent or guardian is secondary on the account and ultimately responsible
Documentation needed to open a minor account:
- The parent must be eligible for membership
- If parent or guardian does not have an account, a copy of the driver's license & social security card (or two valid picture IDs) is needed to open the account
- Minor’s social security card
- If a person other than the parent or legal guardian, like a grandparent is opening the account, a letter from a legal guardian is needed as authorization
Greater Texas Branches in Edinburg
416 S Jackson Rd
Edinburg, TX 78539
Mon-Th: 9am - 4pm
24 Hour ATM