Your credit union has established a program that will help our members re-establish credit. It involves a four-step program, which allows a gradual rebuilding of credit.
This program also encourages our members to set repayment plans on outstanding debts. If you wish to be considered for this program please submit a loan application and written verification of income. We will also need a letter outlining the following:
- Your present financial situation
- Circumstances involved
- Solutions offered
- Goal you wish to attain
The Credit Counselor will carefully review all requests and you will be further advised. Eligibility will be determined after examination of all information.
The steps to the program are as follows:
Monthly Payment: $88
Term*: Approx. 6 payments
Monthly Payment: $90
Term*: Approx. 10 payments
Monthly Payment: $70
Term*: Approx. 17 payments
Monthly Payment: $77
Term*: Approx. 18 payments
* This program is typical with timely payments. The Loan Officer may change the amount, payment, or term at his or her discretion depending on payment performance.
** Minimum term for each step is 6 payments, or months.
For more information regarding the Credit Counseling Program, please contact us .
Secured Credit Card
A credit union secured credit card is another way to help build or rebuild credit.
Requirements & Benefits
- $500 minimum to open card, secured and held in special savings account
- No credit check -The credit limit is based on the amount you have in your share (savings) account
- Rates are 16% purchase and 18% cash advance or balance transfer
- Rates are flat rates and not variable as with our other credit cards
- Account will report to credit bureau the same as a traditional credit card
- Business secured cards are not available