The Credit Union Difference
Purchase a new or used vehicle, or refinance your current loan.
We have the perfect auto loan to fit your needs. Our loan department is here to serve you, so that you can be sure you are getting a low rate and unparalleled service. All of our auto loans offer great rates and flexible terms that suit your budget. Our members also enjoy:
- Simple online loan application
- Convenient E-Sign loan documents
- Deferred first payment for 90 days
- "Skip" up to two payments each calendar year
- Discounts on Insurance
- GAP Coverage
- GAP (Guaranteed Auto Protection) Coverage helps pay off your remaining loan balance if your vehicle is stolen or damaged and is deemed to be a total loss. GAP is inexpensive and can be included as a small addition to your monthly payment. A member can purchase GAP coverage up to 18 months after the loan inception date through a waiver. Learn More
- Extended Warranty
- Protection is available for both new and used automobiles, even the car you are currently driving in some cases. Coverage is available for vehicles up to 11 years old and up to 150,000 miles. Your vehicle DOES NOT have to be in manufacturer's warranty and DOES NOT require an inspection to qualify if you're refinancing. Learn More
- Roadside Assistance
- Member’s Roadside Advantage was created exclusively for credit union members to help you save on a wide range of roadside assistance services and other travel benefits. Wherever the road leads you, you and your family can enjoy peace of mind with fast, friendly roadside assistance. Whether it's a flat tire, dead battery, lockout or other roadside issue – you are covered. Member’s Roadside Advantage Assistance Hotline is available 24/7, whenever you need it. Simply give us a call, and we will work hard to get you and your loved ones back on the road quickly and safely. Learn More
- Exclusive Resources and Services
What to Expect When You Apply
A decision will be made
Sign loan documents via
Frequently Asked Questions
- Yes, you can refinance your car loan at any point.
- Yes, you must open a savings account to become a member before you can apply for a loan. Once you are a member, you can immediately apply for a loan.
- Yes, you can make a payment via phone or ACH. Please review our fee schedules for phone payments.
- Please contact our Loan Department at (800) 749-9732 to discuss your loan options.
- To receive an update on your loan application please contact our Loan Department at (800) 749-9732.
- A loan pre-approval is good for 30 days. When you find a vehicle you will tell the dealer you have been pre-approved from the credit union. Getting pre-approved first is a great way to know what price range to shop in.
- Buyer/Seller transactions requires all parties to be present at one of our branches with the following:
- Copy of ID of all parties named on the title
- Sign all title work (must have original signatures)
- Copy of ID for buyer
- Copy of proof of auto insurance
- 6.25% sales tax will be collected
- $35.50 in title fees
- Please submit proof of insurance for your auto loan to the address below. Proof of insurance must show that we are the lien holder on the vehicle with full coverage insurance and the amount of deductibles for comp and collision protection.
Greater Texas Credit Union
P.O. Box 15023
Lenexa, KS 66285-5023
Or call 1-866-476-7330 Fax: 1-913-268-3178
Within ten (10) days of the funding date of a loan, proof of insurance is required to be furnished by the member of their agent. If proof in the form of a copy of the insurance policy is not provided, insurance to cover the value of the vehicle will be issued and the cost of the premium is added to the current loan balance. Insurance covering the vehicle issued on behalf of the credit union is not liability insurance, and does not satisfy any state financial responsibility or no fault laws.
Maximum age of a used motor vehicle to be eligible for financing is ten (10) years from the current calendar year.
To be eligible for financing, a used motor vehicle’s mileage must be less than 150,000 miles.
The credit union is unable to finance vehicles registered out of the state of Texas. Please contact the loan department for more information on out of state vehicle transactions.