Rewards Credit Card
Summer Ride to Rewards
Earn 2% cash back on qualified purchases for back-to school purchases with your Rewards Credit Card until August 31, 2020.*
Credit Card Benefits
No matter what your need or preference, Greater Texas Credit Union has a credit card to fit your lifestyle. All credit cards come with:
- $0 Annual Fee
- No higher interest rate on cash advance or balance transfers
- EMV chip technology
- Falcon Fraud detection and prevention features to protect you
- Accepted worldwide and no foreign exchange fees
- Visa Account Updater
- Verified by Visa® online purchase protection
- Discounts from Visa merchants
- Easily replaced if lost or stolen - Call 877-703-5978
How it Works
Frequently Asked Questions
Qualified purchases made with your Greater Texas CU Visa Platinum Credit Card automatically earn 1% cash back. Those reward earnings are stockpiled and issued back to your CU savings account annually as a rebate. Again, you must be a Platinum cardholder to earn rewards.
Transactions you perform and authorize at the point of sale, online and over the phone as well as recurring bills charged to your Greater Texas CU Visa Platinum Card are all considered “Qualified Purchases” which will earn 1% cash back.
Cash advances, ATM withdrawals, balance transfers, unauthorized or fraudulent charges and fees or premiums of any kind are not “Qualified Purchases”.
On October 31st of each year, Greater Texas will tally up your reward dollars over the previous 12 month earning period (which begins on November 1st of the prior year) and make a lump sum deposit directly to your CU savings account. Rewards are paid once a year and cannot be paid early or “rolled over”.
Each month, the reward earnings will be posted on your credit card statement. You may also visit www.scorecardrewards.com to keep track of earnings and transaction history (website registration required).
When a credit card account is closed, all reward earnings become void and are surrendered. However, if a credit card is closed and replaced due to unauthorized use all reward earnings are transferred over to the new credit card account.
Reward earnings cannot be transferred, “gifted” or paid to another account holder. Earnings will only be paid into the savings account directly associated with the credit card.
Your annual rewards payout is not considered taxable income and does not have to be reported as such. Greater Texas will not generate or send out a 1099 tax form with regard to credit card reward payouts.
* After promotional date, cash back reward converts to 1% on qualified purchased. Qualified purchases do not include cash advances, balance transfers, convenience checks or returns. Promotional cash back rewards include purchases from these merchant categories: Department stores, Bookstores, Grocery, Automated Fuel, Discount Stores, Service Stations, Drug stores & pharmacies, Sporting goods stores, Computer software stores. See Rules and Disclosures for full details.