Currency Exchange FAQ
Greater Texas Credit Union has partnered with providers for creating a simple and efficient method for our members to buy foreign currency. The most convenient, safest and secure method of purchasing a vast variety of foreign currency from all over the world.
Benefits in purchasing foreign currency before you travel
- Choose from over 100 foreign currencies.
- No minimum or maximum dollar requirements.
- Secure delivery options to your home, business, or selected branch location (UPS or FedEx).
- Foreign currency can be sold back.
- Save up to 3% on Credit Card surcharges overseas.
- Purchase prior to departure and avoid escalated fees and inflated exchange rates in airports, hotels, and banks.
- Check rates before you buy.
- Option to select either a foreign currency amount or US currency amount.
- No foreign coins can be purchased or exchanged.
- Funds can be pulled directly from your credit union account.
Ordering & delivery
- Available for Greater Texas and Aggieland Credit Union members only.
- Orders can be placed at a credit union branch. Orders placed at one of our branches can have the order shipped to that particular branch or the home address on file.
- ALL packages shipped to a residential address will require a signature upon delivery.
- Shipping and handling fee of $20 is applied for both purchases and exchanges.
- Orders are delivered via UPS or FedEx. UPS will attempt to deliver 3 times before returning the package to the provider.
- Any order over $500 (US) shipped to the business will require a signature at the time of delivery.
- Any order shipped to the home will require a signature at the time of delivery.
- Next day delivery for orders placed before 2 PM, after 2 PM, second business day.
- If you need to cancel an order, please contact the branch by 12 pm.
- Greater Texas adheres to all currency transaction reporting regulations.
Foreign currency purchases and exchanges within an Greater Texas or Aggieland Credit Union Branch
- Order or exchange currency and have the option to ship to your home, business, or selected Branch location.
- Members exchanging foreign currency will be credited in 7-10 business days.