Currency Exchange FAQ
Greater Texas Credit Union has partnered with eZforex, a service provider creating a simple and efficient method for our members to buy foreign currency. The most convenient, safest and secure method of purchasing a vast variety of foreign currency from all over the world.
Benefits in purchasing foreign currency before you travel
- Choose from over 100 foreign currencies.
- No minimum or maximum dollar requirements.
- Secure delivery options to your home, business, or selected branch location (UPS or FedEx).
- Foreign currency can be sold back to eZforex.
- Save up to 3% on Credit Card surcharges overseas.
- Purchase prior to departure and avoid escalated fees and inflated exchange rates in airports, hotels, and banks.
- Check rates before you buy.
- Option to select either a foreign currency amount or US currency amount.
- No foreign coins can be purchased or exchanged.
- Funds can be pulled directly from your credit union account.
Ordering & delivery
- Available for Greater Texas and Aggieland Credit Union members only.
- Orders can be placed at a credit union branch or online, if placed online, purchases and exchanges will be mailed to the home address on file. Orders placed at one of our branches can have the order shipped to that particular branch or the home address on file.
- When using eZforex online for the first time, you’ll need to register your information and then authenticate your account by phone or online banking. You will receive an enrollment code online, keep this code until the end of authentication, then follow given instructions.
- ALL packages shipped to a residential address will require a signature upon delivery.
- Shipping and handling fee of $14.50 is applied for both purchases and exchanges.
- Orders are delivered via UPS or FedEx. UPS will attempt to deliver 3 times before returning the package to eZforex.
- Any order over $500 (US) shipped to the business will require a signature at the time of delivery.
- Any order shipped to the home will require a signature at the time of delivery.
- Next day delivery for orders placed before 2 PM, after 2 PM, second business day.
- If you need to cancel an order, please contact the branch by 12 pm.
- Greater Texas adheres to all currency transaction reporting regulations.
Foreign currency purchases through e-Banking
- Foreign currency purchases can be placed online, exchanges are not permitted.
- Make the choice to have your purchase delivered to your home, or business.
- Funds will be debited from your credit union account. Please specify your Member Number and Share ID in the account field.
- Please ensure all information entered is correct and sufficient available funds are in your account.
- Exotic foreign currency may take additional business days to be delivered. A warning will notify you if this is the case.
- A transaction receipt will populate after your order is complete. Please print for your records.
- Receive instant email confirmation of your transaction once your order is complete.
- If you need to cancel an order, please contact the Member Services department by 12 pm at (800) 749-9732.
Greater Texas and Aggieland Credit Union are not liable for any incorrect information entered through e-Banking.
Foreign currency purchases and exchanges within an Greater Texas or Aggieland Credit Union Branch
- Order or exchange currency and have the option to ship to your home, business, or selected Branch location.
- Members exchanging foreign currency will be credited in 7-10 business days.