The Credit Union Difference
Why do so many people choose Aggieland Credit Union? On the surface most financial institutions look the same. But look closer and you’ll discover Aggieland Credit Union is driven to support its members and serve others. The Aggieland cooperative approach to banking creates value for every member, not just a few shareholders.
Instead of paying external shareholders like a bank, we reward you – our members – with higher savings returns, lower loan rates, and fewer fees.
Being a member of Aggieland Credit Union means you are part of a cooperative financial organization that puts you first. Whether you join because you are a loyal Aggie or live or work in the Brazos Valley, you’ll be part of a financial cooperative dedicated to the success of its members, not profits.
The Value of Membership
At Aggieland Credit Union our focus is on our members and the local community. With members throughout the state of Texas, we work diligently to deliver competitive products and services for every stage of life. As a subsidiary of Greater Texas Credit Union, we are able to efficiently support members whether they are in the Brazos Valley or live in one of the other many great communities in our state. We deliver personal service and work with members through any unforeseen circumstances to help keep members financially strong. We are also a good community steward, supporting Brazos Valley charities that offer hope and change lives.
Credit Union Advocacy
Speaking up in the political process is a big part of credit union history. There are various ways you can ask your elected officials to support credit unions nationwide, and your voice is important!
The Credit Union National Association(Opens in a new Window) (CUNA) is a great resource for those interested in political affairs concerning credit union policies.
America’s Credit Unions(Opens in a new Window) advocates for a common-sense, bipartisan set of solutions to transform the financial lives of all Americans.
- Aggieland Credit Union is a member owned financial cooperative accountable to our members.
- Aggieland’s earnings flow back to our members through higher savings rates and lower interest rates.
- Aggieland is overseen by a volunteer board of directors that are members elected by the membership. Every member has a vote here.
- Aggieland returns earnings to members through services like free ATMs, higher savings rates, more competitive lending rates, and lower fees.
- Aggieland Credit Union is a local, community-based financial cooperative that supports the people and community of the Brazos Valley.
- Aggieland members have access to shared branching among many other credit unions and access to more than 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs across the U.S.
- Every Aggieland Deposit account is insured by NCUA up to $250,000.
- Banks have customers and shareholders. They are accountable to their shareholders.
- For-profit institutions charge higher fees and pay shareholders.
- Banks are governed by shareholders who are the only voting members based on the number of shares owned.
- Earnings go to shareholders.
- The average bank is far larger than the average credit union. Decisions are made at the corporate level, not locally.
- Banks require customers to use their branded ATMs and branches for services or pay fees.
- Deposits insured by FDIC up to $250,000.